Today the weather was awful and there was no way I was going to venture outside in the rain. Instead I thought it would be perfect to make cookies for the family. Here is what I made;
cooks 18-24 cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1tsp salt.
- 1tsp baking soda.
- 10-12 oz chocolate chips.
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies.
|Mixing dry and wet ingredients|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and the vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking soda with a wire whisk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place a scoop of cookie dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place another scoop on the bottom of the Oreo. Seal the edges together by pressing and cupping the dough in hand until the Oreo is completely enclosed. Shape into a thick patty. Repeat with remaining cookies and dough.
- Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart and bake for 11-15 minutes, until the cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
|Oreo's coated in Cookie Dough|
|Cookies out of the oven|
|Cookie from the inside|